Friday 15 July 2011

Birhtday cake!

My last birthday I got a spatula especially used for cakes. This was one of the best presents, so thank you to my sister!

Because I kept it in Sweden for a year and I live in England I thought it was about time for me to use it.

What I always do for a birthday cake to anyone is the Swedish princess cake (you can find them in IKEA).

This year I wanted to use the spatula more so I thought about doing a classic strawberry cake.

The first layer always has jam - we didnt have jam but what I did have was lots of strawberries. I mixed some of the strawberries with a fork parting them and put that in the first layer. The second layer is a custard layer where I usually put more than the recepie says because its so good! Then the top layer has whipped cream. To make the cream a little more sweet and not so buttery I usually have powder sugar/ icing sugar, just a tablespoon for 5 dl cream.

The spatula makes it so easy to keep the cream even and pretty, so this is a hit with me at least! I LOVE it!

Im pretty happy with the result for the first time using this spatula, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment