Saturday 23 July 2011

Scones

Living in England I need to honor their traditions..right? So this is why I baked some scones a few weeks ago....not only because it's a tradition but because they are so good!

When I was little I remember mum baking them...isn't everything better when your mum makes it?! Well, my flat mates has to settle with me doing it :)

One of my flat mates had a Swedish friend over so I thought what better to do some British baking!


Scones!
Oven 250 C
10-15 min

7.5 dl plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
125 g butter (room temp.)
1 egg
2 dl milk

Mix the dry ingredients first. Dice the room tempered butter and mix that in with the dry ingredients. Batter the egg together with the milk and mix together with the butter and dry ingredients.

The dough will be sticky, and it's supposed to be so don't worry. Divide the dough on a oven tray with spoons.

Put them in the heated oven for about 10 min. Usually they don't need more than that but keep an eye on them.

Serve them with whipped cream and jam/ butter and cheese or with the traditional clotted cream (whisk the cream very well, almost to butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment