Saturday 8 October 2011

Red Velvet Cupcake

Hey!

You know, red velvet cake? I do...but I have always heard of it but never actually eaten anything red velvet.

I can now proudly say that I have now tasted this classic American delightful cupcake...in London at Brick Lane Market. That market was very disappointing in the beginning as the market we saw was second hand shoes and clothes put on the streets. However, the market picked itself up when we walked further down. Lots of second hand cool furniture and radios, telephones etc...very retro I thought. Then we walked down even further and lots of music was blasting out from somewhere and it was a happy vibe! Then we entered the food market which I must say was good but not as good as in Camden...We had falafel (Yummie!)and then I just couldnt resist the cupcake stand when I saw a red velvet one....

The thing is that I dont really like cupcakes..they look pretty and like a work of art but I dont particularly enjoy eating them...but I just had to try it as I always wanted to try a red velvet cake and I thought, I would never really get a chance to eat one as I wont actively search for one....so I bought one. It was SOOO GOOD!! This is a cupcake I have always wanted to make and now that I havve tasted it I will attempt to bake one myself one day! Ill keep you posted!


xx

3 comments:

  1. I love red velvet cupcakes :) I just made some a month ago for a friend's birthday. Gd luck trying yours. Hope u are having fun in London. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! What recepie did you use Laura? :) Thanks for reading my blog!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha apprently not regular enough to see that you posted a question :p I found a recipe online but couldnt find red food colour in the store at home in germany so I had to improvise. (I used red syrup and sth similar to jell-o powder) They tasted amazing though and they turned out nice and red :)But the best part of the recipe was the whitechocolate-philadelphia icing!!! did you try to make some yet? Laura x

    ReplyDelete